Friday, June 27, 2008

This is what the paneling looks like from the front.
They are going to panel the front and the side of the house so they can
pour the cement for the porch. They are also going to pour a three foot
sidewalk all around the side of the house and angle the cement away from the house so we won't ever have that drainage problem again. Then they will put a drain
underneath the basketball court, so that will drain away from the house.I'm not sure when they are bringing in the backhoe to dig the french drain.
We have chosen a smokey grey color for the house, with white trim, and black shutters.The shingles will be various shades of grey and black. However they won't shingle the back part until they add on to the kitchen. I guess that makes sense. It's a little hard to roof something that isn't there yet .We'll see how much money we have when it's finished. I'd like to replace the doors, but if not maybe we can refinish them and paint them a deep RED!. Don't tell Russ I said that. He has already banished me from making decisions.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jen said...

I think deep red is a fabulous idea. Really deep red, like a muted brick color. Yesssss!